Gog and Magog (Yajuj and Majuj) of Yesterday and Today
“They said, “O Zul-Qarnain, indeed Gog and Magog are [great] corrupters in the land. So may we assign for you expenditure that you might make between us and them a barrier?”
(Holy Quran al-Kahf 18:94)
The following are short but comprehensive answers to queries concerning Gog and Magog (Arabic for Yajuj and Majuj) including:
History of Gog and Magog
Who was Zul Qarnain and what was his interaction with Gog and Magog?
Proofs of breakage of barrier constraining Gog and Magog
Proofs of Release of Gog and Magog
Profile (Characteristics) of Gog and Magog
Implications of Release of Gog and Magog
Identification of Gog and Magog
Who exactly are the Modern Gog and Magog?
Attempt has been made to stay close as possible to references from the Holy Quran and Sahih Ahadith as possible.
Zul Qarnain (of two ages/passages of time)
Zul Qarnain’s age represented a good age; his name suggests that another age (Qarn) would follow
Zul Qarnain’s kingdom was an unchallenged superpower with unlimited technology
“Indeed We established him upon the earth, and We gave him to everything a way.”
(Holy Quran 18: 84)
He conquered every nation of the known world, from the far west to the Far East, and while doing so he punished the unjust and rewarded the righteous
The significance of his name is mentioned ahead.
Interaction of Zul Qarnain with Gog and Magog
He came upon a people who were being victimized by Gog and Magog of that time (Qarn).
Gog and Magog traveled through the only existing pass between two mountains which are very high and barrier-like and attacked their neighbors.
The victimized people asked Zul Qarnain to convert what is between them and Gog and Magog ‘Saddan’ (a mountain range with a crack for a pass) into a perfect barrier.
“They said, “O Zul-Qarnain, indeed Gog and Magog are [great] corrupters in the land. So may we assign for you expenditure that you might make between us and them a barrier?”
(Holy Quran al-Kahf 18:94)
The reference in this verse to the two shell-shaped mountain sides is a perfect geographical description of the two sides of the narrow pass or defile in the Caucasus Mountains. Those mountains are located between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. This also fits in with the travels of Zul Qarnain mentioned in the Holy Quran in which he traveled first west, then east and then came in between. (Holy Quran: Dark Turbid sea: Black Sea)
One would think that Zul Qarnain would conquer the nation of Gog and Magog and punish them as he did with other unjust peoples. Instead, he agreed to convert the mountains into a barrier
This can only mean that he knew that it was Allah’s will that the nation of Gog and Magog could not be vanquished by man, not even by a superpower like his that possessed advanced technology.
Zul Qarnain agreed to construct a structure, which he described as Radm.
Al-Radm: the barrier of Gog and Magog consists of two mountains and a crack between them that was patched by Zul Qarnain
“He said, “That in which my Lord has established me is better [than what you offer], but assist me with strength; I will make between you and them a dam.” (Holy Quran: 18: 95)
He thus gave a specific description of the kind of barrier (Saddun) he was going to build. The act of “filling up” describes perfectly the construction of a dam that would ‘fill up’ a narrow pass or defile in between mountains. He must have put the blocks of iron one on top of the other starting at the bottom until he reached the top of the mountains, filling the width and height of the gap.
“Bring me sheets of iron” – until, when he had leveled [them] between the two mountain walls, he said, “Blow [with bellows],” until when he had made it [like] fire, he said, “Bring me, that I may pour over it molten copper.” (Holy Quran 18: 96)
In agreeing to ‘fill up’ a barrier that would contain Gog and Magog and so protect the people from their evil, Zul Qarnain also provided evidence confirming that they (i.e. Gog and Magog) were people with unique power which he could only endeavor to contain since even he could not destroy them.
Only a barrier built of the strongest possible metal could contain Gog and Magog. The Qur’ān confirmed in Sūrah al-Hadīd (57:25) that iron was a metal that possessed such strength. After Zul Qarnain built that iron barrier, he then poured molten copper on the iron in order, perhaps, to prevent rust.
Allah declared that Gog and Magog initially could not climb over the patched barrier nor were they able to penetrate it
“So Gog and Magog were unable to pass over it, nor were they able [to effect] in it any penetration.”(Holy Quran 18: 97)
Zul Qarnain knew that the barrier only offered temporary protection. He announced, on authority from Allah, “This [al-Radm, the patched mountain barrier] is mercy from my Lord-God, but when the Promise of my Lord-God comes, then He shall turn it into dakkaa’ [dakkaa’ = ‘hilly area’ or ‘demolished’]”
“[Zul-Qarnain] said, “This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord comes, He will make it level, and ever is the promise of my Lord true.” (Holy Quran 18: 97)
Meaning of Zul Qarnain and the Promise
So long as that barrier built by Zul Qarnain remained intact, mankind was safe from the ravages of Gog and Magog. We can now discern the two ages represented in the name Zul Qarnain. The first is the age of safety from the ravages of Gog and Magog. It would last for as long as the barrier remained intact.
The barrier would remain intact until the ‘promise’ of God comes. That promise is the coming of Islam, for as we see ahead a large gap in the barrier was created just before Deen Islam was introduced to mankind through Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
The second would be the age of Fasād and Fitnah which would overwhelm mankind when Allah Most High chose to destroy/demolish/level the barrier and let Gog and Magog loose upon mankind.
Proof of Breakage of the Barrier
The stretch of land which we are looking must not only be bounded on both west and east by two large seas but must also be geographically characterized by impassable continuous mountain range.
The Qur’ān has described the very shape of the two sides of that mountain pass to be akin to an open sea-shell.
Black Sea and Caspian Sea on right fit this description with the Caucasus Mountains in between. Indeed this mountain range stretches from one sea to the other and in the process it separates Europe from Asia
Sure enough, the Georgian Military Highway that was built by the Russians in the 19th century is the only passable road that connects the area north of the mountains to the southern area. It connects Georgia with Russia.
Nearing the Russian border, one comes to the town of Kazbegi, overlooked by the monumental Mount Kazbegi (5033m), the highest peak in the Georgian Caucasus. The last point is the Daryal Gorge, where the road runs some kilometres on a narrow shelf beneath granite cliffs 1500m high.”
Daryal Gorge was historically important as the only available passage across the Caucasus and has been long fortified at least since 150 BC. Ruins of an ancient fortress are still visible.”
A large gap in the barrier was created before Islam—a hilly coastal passage was exposed by the receding Caspian Sea. The wide passage by the sea made the patch itself insignificant. The patch came down later and the narrow Daryal Gorge was opened.
A few decades before the birth of the Prophet of Islam PBUH around 550 A.D., the Caspian Sea receded to expose a hilly coastal passage on the east end of the Caucasus Mountains. Gog and Magog used this passage to invade Persia before Islam. Hazrat Umar (RA) launched military campaigns against Gog and Magog through this passage.
The pass between mountains has now been located and it now remains for an archaeological search to be made for the remains of the barrier.
Dr Tammam Adi has pointed out:
“I would expect any left over debris (i.e. of the barrier built by Zul Qarnain to be at the bottom of the gorge and to be made of bronze, an alloy of iron and brass/copper, as the verse clearly states”.
We must also look for evidence of iron ore in and around the region south of the Caucasus Mountains since that is where the people would have had to locate the iron to bring pieces or blocks of iron for Zul Qarnain.
Finally the mountain sides on both sides of the Daryal Gorge are shaped like two sides of an open sea-shell exactly as described by the Qur’anic word Sadafain as can be seen in the picture below:
It is also mentioned in the Holy Quran that the people Zul-Qarnain met in this area did not understand any common language.
“(And he marched on) till, when he reached (a pass) between the two mountain-barriers, he found before them a people who could scarcely understand anything spoken (i.e. any utterance in his language). (Kahf 18:93)
Sure enough, the Georgian language which is spoken south of the Caucasus Mountains is precisely such a language. It is an insular pre-Indo-European language with no relatives that has been spoken for at least 5000 years.
Thus the Two Barrier-Mountains are the eastern and western sections of the Caucasus mountain range, separated by a narrow pass called the Daryal Gorge. The Caucasus mountain range stretches from the Black Sea in the west to the Caspian Sea in the east.
Proof of Release of Gog and Magog
Proof from the Holy Quran
Gog and Magog have returned the Children of Israel to “their city” (Jerusalem)
Jerusalem, a city sacred to Muslims, Christians and Jews, is destined to play the most significant of all roles in the End of History
“There is a ban on a town which we destroyed (and whose people were expelled) that they (the people) can never return (to reclaim that town as their own) until Gog and Magog are released and they spread out in all directions.” (Holy Quran 21:95-6)
There is sufficient proof that the town mentioned in the above verse of the Holy Quran is Jerusalem as discussed below:
“And We gave warning to Bani Israel through revelation, that twice would they corrupt the (Holy) Land and be elated with mighty arrogance (and twice would they be punished)!
And so when the prediction of the second (period of wickedness) came true, (We raised new enemies against you and allowed them) to disgrace you utterly, and to enter the Temple as
(their forerunners) had entered it once before, and to destroy with utter destruction all that they
had conquered.” (Holy Quran 17: 4-7)
The above verses state that the Holy city (Jerusalem) had been destroyed and these verses of Surah Ambiyah (21) state that its people are prohibited from returning to it until the following conditions have been fulfilled:
- Gog and Magog have been unleashed.
- Gog and Magog have spread their presence all over the world. “Min kulli hadabin yansiloon” has at least the following realizations:
- a) Gog and Magog have interbred with and have descendants in every royal family and ruling elite.
- b) Gog and Magog have infiltrated every organization (hadab= raised structure, organization).
- c) Gog and Magog are rushing down every hill (are launching attacks or making war everywhere)
- These conditions suggest that Gog and Magog would be helping the people of the destroyed city to return to it
- These conditions have all been met when the Children of Israel were forced to return to their old city (Jerusalem) and Israel was created
- Sheikh Imran Hosein correctly argues that those who accomplished this act must be Gog and Magog
- Allah has decreed that the Children of Israel shall twice rise to power on Earth and establish fasaad (Qur’ān, al-Israa’, 17:4-8).
- As prophesied in above verse concerning the dead city, when this last rise happened (same phrase: “wa’dul aakhirati”), the Children of Israel were brought to Jerusalem by others from many different countries (fa idhaa jaa’a wa’dul aakhirati ji’naa bikum lafeefa, “but when the promise of the Hereafter cometh to pass We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.” Qur’ān, al-Israa’, 17:104).
Gog and Magog are described as “coming out of every hill” (min kulli hadabin yansiloon, Qur’ān, al-Anbiyaa’ 21:96).
The use of the term hill (hadabin) in this context strongly supports the choice of the meaning “hilly area” for dakkaa’. The wide passage by the sea made the patch itself insignificant. The patch came down later and the narrow Daryal Gorge was opened.
Proof from Ahadith (Sayings of the Holy Prophet PBUH)
There is only one such town or city (which was destroyed by Allah) which is mentioned in the Ahadith pertaining to Gog and Magog. And it is Jerusalem.
“Gog and Magog would walk until they reach the mountain of al-Khamr, and it is a mountain of Bait al-Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem)…” (Sahīh Muslim)
“Narrated al-Nawwas ibn Sam’an: ….It will be under such conditions that Allah will reveal to Jesus these words: I have brought forth from among My servants such people against whom none will be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur, and then Allah will send Gog and Magog and they will swarm down from every slope. The first of them will pass the lake of Tiberius (i.e., the Sea of Galilee) and drink out of it. And when the last of them passes, he will say: There was once water there …. ”
Sea of Galilee is the largest fresh water lake in Israel that supplies most of Israel’s water and is now fastly drying up.
“Every day, Gog and Magog are trying to dig a way out through the barrier. When they begin to see sunlight through it, the one who is in charge of them says, ‘Go back; you can carry on digging tomorrow,’ and when they come back, the barrier is stronger than it was before. This will continue until their time comes and Allah wishes to send them forth. They will dig until they begin to see sunlight, then the one who is in charge of them will say, ‘Go back; you can carry on digging tomorrow, Insha’ Allah.’ In this case he will make an exception by saying Insha’ Allah, thus relating the matter to the Will of Allah. They will return on the following day, and find the hole as they left it. They will carry on digging and come out against the people . . .”
(Tirmīdhi, Ibn Mājah, Ahmad)
“Narrated Abu Hurairah (RA): The Prophet (PBUH) said: ‘Allah has made an opening in the wall of the Gog and Magog (people) like this (and he made with his hand (with the help of his fingers).’” (Sahīh Bukhāri)
“Narrated Zainab bint Jahsh (RA): That the Prophet once came to her in a state of fear and said: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. Woeunto the Arabs from a danger that has come near. An opening has been made in the wall of Gog and Magog like this’ (making a circle with his thumb and index finger). Zainab bint Jahsh said: ‘O Allah’s Apostle! Shall we be destroyed even though there are pious persons among us?’ He said: Yes, (you will be destroyed if and when) wickedness and decadence increases (i.e. to such an extent as to dominate the world).” (Sahīh Bukhāri)
Since no other town or city (destroyed by Allah, Most High) other than Jerusalem is mentioned in the Ahadith pertaining to Gog and Magog, we have come to the conclusion that the town or city mentioned in Surah al-Anbiyah (verses 95 and 96) above can only be Jerusalem.
Saying of Hazrat Allama Iqbal (RA)
Khulga’ae Ya’jūj aur Ma’jūj kay lashkar tamām,
Chashmay Muslim dekhlay tafsīray harfay yansilūn!
[Set loose are all the hordes of Gog and Magog
To the Muslim eye manifest is the meaning of the word yansilūn]
Allama Iqbal (RA) in his poetry collection ‘Baang-e-Daraa’
In other words, since the Israelite people have now returned to Jerusalem to reclaim it as their own, it follows that the one thousand years of European Crusades to liberate Jerusalem was a Gog and Magog phenomenon, and thus Gog and Magog must have been released into the world a long time ago
So it proves that Allama Iqbal himself had realized that Gog and Magog have been released.
Saying of Sir Winston Churchill
“It seems that they (i.e. Gog and Magog) represent none too badly the present state of world politics. World politics, like the history of Gog and Magog, are very confused and much disputed. Still, I think there is room for both of them. On the one side is Gog, and on the other is Magog. But be careful, my Lord Mayor, when you put them back, to keep them from colliding with each other; for if that happens, both Gog and Magog would be smashed to pieces and we should all have to begin all over again and begin from the bottom of the pit.”
(Source: The Times, London, 10 November 1951-Winston Churchill probably warning of possible World War 3 between Gog & Magog)
Input from Professor of Geography
Profile of Gog and Magog
It is from the above passage of the blessed Qur’ān as well as from relevant Ahadīth that we can extract a profile of Gog and Magog.
- They are ‘human beings’. They are not strange bizarre looking creatures as is generally believed
The narration of Gog and Magog in the Holy Quran creating mischief in the land indicates that they are human beings
When we turn to the Ahadīth we find information which supports the conclusion that Gog and Magog are human beings:
Hazrat Abu Saeed al- Khudri (RA) narrates that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “On Judgment Day Allah will ask Adam to pick out from his entire progeny those who would enter the hell fire. Adam will ask: ‘O Lord-God, who are they?’ Allah will say: ‘Nine hundred and ninety nine of a thousand are for the hellfire while one is for heaven.’ On hearing this, the companions were overtaken by fear and they asked, “O Messenger of Allah who will that one for heaven be?’
The Prophet (PBUH) said: ‘Do not grieve, the nine hundred and ninety nine will be Ya’jūj and Ma’jūj while you will be the one for heaven.”‘ (i.e. your numbers in relation to them will be one in a thousand). (Bukhāri, Muslim)
“Verily Gog and Magog are of the progeny of Adam”. (Kanz al-Ammal, Hadith No 2158)
“I have created servants of mine (i.e. Gog and Magog) so powerful that none but I can wage war on them.” (Sahīh Muslim)
Servants of Allah who have the capacity to wage war and to defeat armies, are usually human beings
- They are ‘double-faced’ and are capable of swift motion.
They ‘attack’ and ‘occupy’ and then feign withdrawal. They commit ‘aggression’ and then pose as ‘peacemakers’ or as ‘victims of aggression’. They ‘violate’ and then ‘pacify’. They pose as ‘religious people’ when in fact they are devoid of faith and essentially ‘godless’.
This includes most of the hypocrites, liberals and secular so called Muslims.
- They possess extraordinary military and other powers
Even the mighty superpower of his time, Zul-Qarnain could not defeat Gog and Magog. He had to put them behind a barrier. The fact that Zul Qarnain did not attempt to punish Gog and Magog but, rather, agreed to build a barrier with which to contain them, indicates that they possessed a military power which he could not subdue.
“I have created creatures of mine (i.e. Gog and Magog) so powerful that none but I can destroy them.” (Hadith Qudsi in Sahih Muslim)
The ominous implication is that when Gog and Magog are released into the world by divine decree, they would take control of the world while wielding a unique military power. They would project power that could not possibly be matched by any power combination or alliance in the world.
This indicates that most likely NO power on earth will be able to defeat the Gog and Magog except certain powers sent by Allah, which are expected to be Imam Mehdi and Hazrat Isa (Jesus) PBUH) or finally destroyed by direct punishments by Allah at their time.
- They use Power to Oppress and create mischief in the land
Sūrah al-Kahf also delivered the extraordinary news that Gog and Magog used their power in exactly the opposite way from that of Dhūl Qarnain. They inflicted Fasād fil Ard, i.e. they destroyed everything that they targeted with their indestructible oppressive power. Random murder, organized murder, spreading of fear, acts of terrorism, oppression, etc. are all recognized as Fasād fil Ard
- They make possible the return of people to their ‘town’
Of critical importance in identifying them is the very clear ‘Sign’ delivered in the Qur’ān that Gog and Magog would make it possible for “people” who were expelled by divine decree from their ‘town’ (destroyed by Allah Most High) to one day return to that ‘town’ and reclaim it as their own
The Zionists have been doing this since a century from creating the Holocaust to the present day refugee crisis, bringing Jews to settle in to Israel.
6. They absorb mankind into their global godless melting pot
This is quite clear from the Hadīth which disclosed that on Judgement Day, 999 out of every 1000 of mankind from the present era would have become Y’ajūj and M’ajūj and would all enter into the hellfire:
This Hadith is transmitted in the two Sahihs (Bukhari and Muslim) from Al-A’mash, after Abu Salih, after Abu Sa’ id Al-Khudri who narrated the Prophet (Peace be upon him) to have said:
The Companions of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) asked, “O Allah’s Messenger! Who is that (excepted) one?” He said, “Rejoice with glad tidings; one person will be from you and one thousand will be from Gog and Magog.”
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) further said, “By Him in Whose Hands my life is, hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise.” We shouted, “Allahu Akbar!” He added, “I hope that you will be one-third of the people of Paradise.We shouted, “Allahu Akbar!” He said, “I hope that you will be half of the people of Paradise.” We shouted, “Allahu Akbar!” He further said, “You (Muslims) (compared with non Muslims) are like a black hair in the skin of a white ox or like a white hair in the skin of a black ox (i.e. your number is very small as compared with theirs).”
(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
There would be very few (i.e. one in a thousand) left in the world who would successfully resist the test and trial of Gog and Magog. They would be equivalent to ‘square’ pegs incapable of being absorbed in ‘round’ Gog and Magog holes. They would be those who faithfully followed the blessed Prophet
- They can wage ‘star wars’ (Hadīth)
“. . . Gog and Magog would walk until they would reach the mountain of al-Khamar and it is a mountain of Bait-ul-Maqdis and they would say:
We have killed those who are upon the Earth. Let us now kill those who are in the sky and they would throw their arrows towards the sky and the arrows would return to them besmeared with blood. . . .” (Sahīh Muslim)
- They would target Arabs in particular for oppression (Hadīth)
“Narrated Zainab bint Jahsh: One day Allah’s Apostle entered upon her in a state of fear and said: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah! Woe to the Arabs from the Great evil that has approached (them). Today a hole has been opened in the barrier of Gog and Magog like this.” (Sahih Bukhari)
Unfortunately, this is being witnessed today with oppression against Arabs of Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Yemen etc
Implications of Release
- Spread Mischief in the Land
Gog and Magog are described as mufsidoon fil ard–doers of mischief (fasaad) in the land (Qur’ān, 18:94)
- Religious fasaad-division in to sects, political fasaad-Democracy, division in to parties, Genocidal fasaad-large scale killing, wars, torture camps, Agricultural fasaad-Genetically Modified Food (GMO), Monsanto, Health Fasaad-Big Pharma, Mass corruption of Pharmaceutical companies, Weather Fasaad-HAARP, Financial Fasaad-Paper Money, Interest based economy, Corruption, Economic terrorism, Sexual fasaad- Homosexuality, paedophilia, pornography, sexual exploitation of women and so many other mischief
- Narrated Abū Sa’īd Al-Khudri: Allah’s Messenger said, “There will come a time when the best property of a Muslim will be sheep which he will take to the tops of mountains and the places of rainfall so as to flee with his religion from trials and afflictions (i.e. Fitan).”
- They will take most of mankind into the hellfire because they are an essentially godless and sinful people
Hadīth al-Qudsi (i.e. direct speech of Allah Most High) indicating that Gog and Magog would transform 999 out of every 1000 of mankind into Ahlu Y’ajūj wa M’ajūj (i.e. members of Gog and Magog) and, as a consequence, all those people would enter into the hellfire.
And this is what we are witnessing today. Majority of people have gone astray and are indulging in one or more of the fasaad (mischief) mentioned below:
- Adopting their (western) culture and values
- Becoming liberal and secular minded
- Love music, singing and fashion
- Watch their films
- Both males and females have adopted their (western) dress
- Trials of women (modeling, feminism etc)
- Materialism, love of money, status
- Earning illegally through corruption, fraud etc
- Women trying to compete in every field with men (e.g. in sports etc)
- Involved in promiscuity e.g. pornography, homosexuality, pedophilia etc
- And so many other fitna
Perhaps this is why Allah has stated in the Holy Quran:
“If you obey the majority of people on earth, they will divert you from the path of Allah. They follow only conjecture; they only guess.” (Holy Quran 6: 116)
The inescapable implication is that the Gog and Magog mainstream way of life would be godless and sinful and would lead to the hellfire.
After over 1,500 years of merging like waves with Gog and Magog, most of humanity has either adopted their lifestyle or is going along with it. Nowadays, it is very difficult to tell who is an original member of Gog and Magog and who simply has joined them. This is the basis of the hadith that 999 out of every 1,000 people in Hell shall be with Gog and Magog.
- Khilafah will be abolished
- This has already occurred. The Islamic Khilafah (central government) can never be restored so long as the Gog and Magog world order maintains its control over the earth
- Scarcity of Water
This is because they consume excess amounts of water. Even the Sea of Galillee in the Holy Land, would eventually become dry. Hence they may be the authors of their own destruction:
“. . . the first of them (i.e. Gog and Magog) will pass by Lake Tiberias (i.e. the Sea of Galilee) and drink out of it, and when the last of them passes, he will say: ‘There was once water here . . . .’” (This implies such excessive consumption of water that nature will not be able to replenish such water and that the water-level would constantly decrease until the Lake would dry up). (Sahīh Muslim)
“They will so drink (i.e. consume) the water of the world that when some of them pass by a stream they will drink all that is in it and leave it dry.”
(Kanz al-Ummāl, Hadīth No 2157)
No wonder they say future wars may be fought over water.
- Hajj will be abandoned
A Hadīth recorded in Sahīh Bukhāri discloses a link that exists between Gog and Magog and the abandonment of the Hajj:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, “The people will continue performing the Hajj and ‘Umra to the Ka‘ba even after the appearance of Gog and Magog.”
Narrated Shu’ba: The Hour (i.e. Last Hour) will not be established till the Hajj (to the Ka’ba) is abandoned. (Sahih Bukhari)
In other words, when the Hajj is abandoned it would no longer be possible for any Muslim to deny the release of Gog and Magog
Identification of Gog and Magog
We can now deduce from the origin of release and profile of Gog and Magog as to who actually are the modern Gog and Magog. Remember they have to possess all the qualities mentioned in their profile described above: Human nature, massive power and technology, creators of mischief and who attract mankind into their godless melting pot.
- Place of Release
The details have been given above concerning the travails of Zul Qarnain the mighty traveller who reached the confines of both East and West; the exact place where the barrier was constructed has also been identified as mentioned above (at Daryal Gorge next to Caucasian Mountains)
Next we have to look for people who have been leaving their territory located in the region of the Caucasus Mountains and have been continuously migrating to places around the world.
- Spread throughout the world
They must have spread out their power and established their dominance around the world while occupying every possible position or place of advantage (min kullihadabin).
- People who brought Jews back to Jerusalem
We also have to find people responsible for ‘liberating’ the Holy Land (i.e. from Muslim rule) and then bringing the Israelite Jews back to reclaim the Holy Land from which they had been expelled by divine decree.
- People with Immense Power
As mentioned in their profile, they must be people of immense power, such that only Allah can destroy them.
- People have been identified who have been making that journey to the Holy Land (Jerusalem) from the very region where Zul Qarnain built the barrier.
- It is the European or Caucasian Jews. At least some European Jews who created the Zionist Movement must have originated from tribes in Eastern Europe who converted to Judaism.
- The Khazar tribes who resided in territory north of the Caucasus Mountains not only converted to Judaism but also created history in early Islam when they successfully blocked the path of the all-conquering Muslim armies that were poised to conquer Europe.
- Hazrat Umar (RA) launched military campaigns against Gog and Magog during his reign of Khilafat. The Muslim armies that were so blocked at this time had just defeated both the Persian and Byzantine empires (the two superpowers existing in the world at that time).
- The Khazar military power appears therefore to have been unique. They thus possessed a military power greater than any in the then existing world.
- It is they who have been also responsible for seducing the Israelite Jews to leave wherever they were residing and to return to the Holy Land in Jerusalem.
- Ultimately this resulted in the creation of the Jewish Nation of Israel in 1948
- And so our conclusion is that Gog and Magog were originally located in the Khazars of Eastern Europe. While many of them became European Jews it is certain that some of them must also have become European Christians and that the forging of the mysterious European Judeo-Christian alliance was possible since the Khazars were present on both sides of that once bitterly divided fence.
Who Exactly Are the Present Day Gog and Magog?
Finally we are in a position to name the modern day Gog and Magog. Before we do that, we have to explain what is meant by Yajuj and Majuj (Arabic for Gog and Magog).
- Yajuj (aggressor, burn others) and Majuj (against whom aggression takes place, gets burned).
- Meaning Yajuj (Gog) is the dominant force which mostly starts the aggression while Majuj is the reactive force which reacts and responds to the aggression
- Thus we may say that Gog is the American-NATO-Israel Alliance while Magog is Russia-China Alliance
- A meaning of the Qur’anic verse which declared that Gog and Magog would one day clash with each other as waves merge into each other (yamūju fib‘ad) may indicate that they will one day clash with each other in a mighty clash in which they would surge against each other as waves crashing into each other. That war of the Titans would qualify as the war of all wars (Armageddon, Malhama, or World War 3).
- Such a gigantic Gog and Magog nuclear war that would result in (40 days?) of smoke (see Qur’ān, al-Dukhān, 44:10-11) and would significantly reduce the world’s population and render large parts of the Earth barren is not far-fetched.
- Sūrah al-Kahf (verse 8) delivered precisely such a warning when it declared “ .verily (in time) We shall reduce what is on it (i.e. the Earth) to barren dust.”
- “There will be a battle the like of which has never been seen, so that even if a bird were to pass their ranks, it would fall down dead before it reached the end of them”.(Ahmad, Muslim)
- Read the following blog on Armageddon (Malhama, World War 3) for more details.
- We now know that Gog (USA-NATO) alliance has been the aggressor (Yajuj) while Magog (Russia-China) has been the reactor (Majuj) in most of the modern conflicts.
- The best example today is of Syria. The poor citizens of Syria are caught between the Devil (USA-NATO-Israel Alliance-Gog and the Deep Sea (Russia, China-Magog). There are several countries supporting either Gog (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, UAE with ISIS) or the Magog (Iran and Mr. Assad himself)
- They are crying out to the world for any savior who can help them against the Gog and Magog of our times just like people of the previous Qarn (age) cried out to Zul-Qarnain for help. One can imagine what may happen if their prayers are answered.
- USA-NATO-ISRAEL Alliance (Gog) has recently been trying for a One World Order. This means it wants to do away with the other superpower (Magog)
- This ongoing conflict, which does not seem like ending, may lead to a big war between Gog and Magog (Armageddon, Malhama, world war 3.
- Similar identification of the Gog and Magog has been given by Sir Winston Churchill as quoted above.
- One may well guess who the leader of Gog and Magog is; yes it is Dajjal (Anti-Christ) who will physically appear in the flesh near that Armageddon.
2nd Opinion of Who are Gog & Magog
- From among the people of the Khazar tribes of the Caucasian mountains mentioned above, some became Jews & some became Christians for political purposes
- This was at the time Muslims had defeated the two major superpowers of the time, the Romans and the Persians. These Khazars blocked Muslims way and thus demonstrated a military power unequal to none
- They spread all over Europe and helped Jews move to Jerusalem (also creating the Holocaust)
- This explains the mysterious Judeo-Christian Alliance seen in the modern day
- This alliance gave birth to the Zionist movement
- So Gog and Magog is the modern Judeo-Christian Alliance i.e. USA/NATO Alliance
- This alliance is spreading is mischief all over the world as the previous Gog & Magog were doing
- This second opinion seems now to be the more correct one
And Allah knows best.
This blog should be read with the following blog to find out more about Dajjal, estimated years of his coming, the anticipated nuclear war (Armageddon or Malhama) and the Sea of Galilee.
To find about the corruption of Modern Day Gog and Magog:
Also other significant messages concerning the End Times in Surah Al-Kahf are given in the following blog: